Sustainable Food System Sourcebook Terms and Conditions
The purpose of the Sustainable Food System Sourcebook is to provide an effective and affordable means of promoting programs, services, and other resources to students, professionals, and practitioners in the good food movement. Terms and conditions of having a listing:
1. All listings are free. However DONATIONS are appreciated.
2. If you created a listing is your responsibility to maintain the accuracy of your listing.
3. You agree not to use any language, images, graphics, or any other content in your listing that may reasonably be deemed discriminatory on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
5. We reserve the right to remove, substitute, or otherwise edit any listing content we deem offensive, unrelated, or otherwise inappropriate to the promotion of your program. We will make every effort to contact you about making appropriate changes.
6. You agree to, at all times during and after the term of this agreement, indemnify the Center for Transformative Action (fiscal sponsor of the Lyson Center for Civic Agriculture and Food Systems) and keep us indemnified against all losses, damages, costs or expenses and other liabilities (including legal fees) incurred by, awarded against, or agreed to be paid by us arising from your breach of any of these terms and conditions.
7. You agree and acknowledge that we have no liability for our site not being available at any time nor any liability for the deletion, corruption, or failure to store any materials or content maintained or transmitted on or through our site.
8. You agree that Center for Transformative Action (fiscal sponsor of the Lyson Center for Civic Agriculture and Food Systems) shall have no liability for any advice, views, recommendations, advertisements, or any other form of content provided by other users of our site or third parties.
9. We may at our absolute discretion refuse a user account to any person or entity, and we shall not be obliged to state our reasons for such refusal.
10. We shall not be in breach of this agreement, nor liable for any failure or delay in performance of any obligations under this agreement, arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond our reasonable control.
11. We may terminate your user account, paid listing package, and the agreement between us without notice and without any liability to you in the following circumstances:
- you have breached any of these terms and conditions;
- you are in our opinion transmitting or otherwise connected with any "spam" or any other form of unsolicited bulk email or communication;
- your user account or listing package may in our reasonable opinion adversely affect our goodwill or reputation; or
- you or we cease to carry on business, are declared bankrupt, or enter into an insolvency or administration procedure.
12. You warrant that, where you are an individual, you are at least 18 years of age, and, where you are a company, or other similar entity, that you are a bona fide legal entity duly formed in accordance with all applicable law and regulations and have full capacity and authority to enter into the agreement between us.
13. You warrant that all information that you have provided us with or have submitted to our site is true and accurate and not misleading in any way.
14. You warrant that in using our site you will comply at all times with all applicable law and regulations and advertising codes of conduct.
15. You warrant that any website owned or controlled by you that is listed on our site is free from illegal, defamatory, or tortious content.
16. We may vary these terms and conditions at any time. The latest version of these terms and conditions shall be as posted on our site or as emailed to you. Your continued use of our site constitutes your acceptance of any new or updated or amended terms and conditions.
17. No failure or delay by us to exercise any right or remedy provided under this agreement or by law shall constitute a waiver of that (or any other) right or remedy, nor preclude or restrict its further exercise. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall preclude or restrict the further exercise of that (or any other) right or remedy.
18. This agreement is specific to you and your listing, and you may not, without our prior written consent, assign, transfer, subcontract, delegate, or deal in any other manner with this agreement. We may assign this agreement at our discretion and without providing you with notice.
19. This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including noncontractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the State of New York law.
20. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of New York State shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation (including noncontractual disputes or claims).