IT'S FREE! Find a Sustainable Food Systems Degree Program, Tool, or Resource
Sustainable Food System Sourcebook Terms and Conditions
The purpose of the Sustainable Food System Sourcebook is to provide an effective and affordable means of promoting programs, services, and other resources to students, professionals, and practitioners in the good food movement. Terms and conditions of having a listing:
1. Basic listings are free but include only simple contact info.
2. If you purchase a paid package, it is your responsibility to maintain
the accuracy of your listing.
3. Payment for all fees is to be made through PayPal. Ensure that you have
a valid PayPal account before you commence the order process. If you can not
use PayPal for payment, contact Amy Christian ([email protected]) prior to
placing your order.
4. You agree not to use any language, images, graphics, or any other
content in your listing that may reasonably be deemed discriminatory on the
basis of race, color, religion or creed, gender, gender expression, age,
national origin or ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual
orientation, or military status.
5. We reserve the right to remove, substitute, or otherwise edit any
listing content we deem offensive, unrelated, or otherwise inappropriate to
the promotion of your program. We will make every effort to contact you
about making appropriate changes.
6. A paid listing is active for one year from the date it is activated. You
will be periodically reminded to keep your listing up-to-date. You will
receive a reminder to renew your listing 30 days prior to its anniversary.
7. You agree to, at all times during and after the term of this agreement,
indemnify the Center for Transformative Action (fiscal sponsor of the Lyson
Center for Civic Agriculture and Food Systems) and keep us indemnified
against all losses, damages, costs or expenses and other liabilities
(including legal fees) incurred by, awarded against, or agreed to be paid
by us arising from your breach of any of these terms and conditions.
8. You agree and acknowledge that we have no liability for our site not
being available at any time nor any liability for the deletion, corruption,
or failure to store any materials or content maintained or transmitted on
or through our site.
9. You agree that Center for Transformative Action (fiscal sponsor of the
Lyson Center for Civic Agriculture and Food Systems) shall have no
liability for any advice, views, recommendations, advertisements, or any
other form of content provided by other users of our site or third parties.
10. We may at our absolute discretion refuse a user account or any type of
listing package to any person or entity, and we shall not be obliged to
state our reasons for such refusal.
11. We shall not be in breach of this agreement, nor liable for any failure
or delay in performance of any obligations under this agreement, arising
from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond our
12. We may terminate your user account, paid listing package, and the
agreement between us without notice and without any liability to make any
refund or other payment to you in the following circumstances:
you have breached any of these terms and conditions;
you are in our opinion transmitting or otherwise connected with any
spam or any other form of unsolicited bulk email or communication;
your user account or listing package may in our reasonable opinion
adversely affect our goodwill or reputation; or
you or we cease to carry on business, are declared bankrupt, or enter
into an insolvency or administration procedure.
13. You warrant that, where you are an individual, you are at least 18
years of age, and, where you are a company, or other similar entity, that
you are a bona fide legal entity duly formed in accordance with all
applicable law and regulations and have full capacity and authority to
enter into the agreement between us.
14. You warrant that all information that you have provided us with or have
submitted to our site is true and accurate and not misleading in any way.
15. You warrant that in using our site you will comply at all times with
all applicable law and regulations and advertising codes of conduct.
16. You warrant that any website owned or controlled by you that is listed
on our site is free from illegal, defamatory, or tortious content.
17. We may vary these terms and conditions at any time. The latest version
of these terms and conditions shall be as posted on our site or as emailed
to you. Your continued use of our site constitutes your acceptance of any
new or updated or amended terms and conditions.
18. No failure or delay by us to exercise any right or remedy provided
under this agreement or by law shall constitute a waiver of that (or any
other) right or remedy, nor preclude or restrict its further exercise. No
single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall preclude or
restrict the further exercise of that (or any other) right or remedy.
19. This agreement is specific to you and your listing, and you may not,
without our prior written consent, assign, transfer, subcontract, delegate,
or deal in any other manner with this agreement. We may assign this
agreement at our discretion and without providing you with notice.
20. This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection
with it or its subject matter or formation (including noncontractual
disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with
the State of New York law.
21. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of New York State shall
have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out
of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation
(including noncontractual disputes or claims).
About The Sustainable Food Systems Sourcebook
The Sustainable Food Systems Sourcebook is a free database of degree programs, consultants, scholarships, funding, conferences, and other educational and training resources for practitioners, researchers, students, volunteers, and advocates focused on food systems work.
The Sourcebook is published by the Thomas A. Lyson Center for Civic Agriculture and Food Systems, a fiscally sponsored project of the Center for Transformative Action (CTA). CTA, an educational 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization affiliated with Cornell University, is legally and financially responsible for all our project activities.
Contact Duncan Hilchey with any questions or comments.